Thursday, November 10, 2011

Blog 6 Is Music Good For Health essay.

Music is the new medicine. In the article "How and Why Is Music a Good Tool For Health?" by Elizabeth Scott, the author believes music is a new form of healing and has a positive effect on your body and mind. The health care field is taking steps into incorporate music with healing their patients according to the article. The author gives 2 examples about the positive effect music therapy can bring to ones health and the different beats stimulates brainwaves and concentration. I agree with the second example "This is why music and music therapy can help prevent the damaging effects of chronic stress, thereby aiding not only relaxation but also health."

My mother, my cousin Stephanie and I all suffer from migraines. I'm not sure when my mom's or Stephanie's started but mine began when I turned 13. To constantly have migraines and have to force pills down your throat is the worst feeling in the world. When I turned 17 my mother took me to a neurologist. He said that I have 2 choices either keep on depending on pills all the time whenever I get migraines, or listen to any kind of soothing music to feel relaxed and stress free. Being that I am an impatient person I went with the pills. The would work from time to time but one day I decided to just lay in bed and relax listening to my I pod. To my surprise my doctors advice worked. My cousin left to boot camp when I was 17 we wrote back and forth and she would complain that boot camp and having migraines doesn't mix. So I told her that she just needs to try and relax and listen to relaxing music when she gets a chance.

One day I was at home and watching a show called The Doctors. Their segment for the day was music therapy and the effects it has on people. They had a guest on the who was pregnant and she was talking about a pregnancy tool and how before this one she had heard how babies in the womb usually develop better learning abilities if you put classical or soothing music to the belly. She went on and she did that twice a week which resulted in her baby girl not coming out a genius but catches on to learning a bit better than most kids her age.


I believe that in the state our country is in now. Music therapy works best. It would really reduce the stress and make peoples health better to just turn the music up to what ever they want and feel stress free.

1 comment:

  1. thanks ...... very interesting ..... nice ........
    this is very helpful to me ............. good luck ...... spirit .......
    please visit also my website .......... following .......

    Mengobati Penyakit Ambeien
    Mengobati Penyakit Ambeien
    Mengobati Wasir Ambeien Herbal
    Mengobati Kutil Kelamin
    Mengobati Kutil Kelamin
    Mengobati Sipilis

    ReplyDelete