Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Final Blog.

For this posting I will be looking back on my experience using blogger and what benefits I have gained from this. First the idea of using a blog instead of a journal to work on my writing was pretty new to me. I didn't think I'd feel comfortable putting out there my informal writing. Turns out it was a pretty good Idea and I liked it a lot. With using a blog instead of a journal came many benefits. It was much easier communicating with my professor, The work that we had to do would be up on his blog other students blogs were up there for us to read, Which was helpful and useful. The fact that I was able to look at the other students writing was pretty good cause it would help with ideas or with knowing what not to do when it came to my writing. I think the fact that I knew my posts would be public made me a little more insecure to my own writing especially when my professor made us write our original essays on our blogs that were so bad sometimes. It also made me feel like I had to be more cautious and pay attention more to how I write. If I had to describe my self as a writer I would have to say that I'm not that much of a strong writer. I know that I can work on a few things that I need help on. As a writer I feel that I have more weaknesses than strengths. Some of my weaknesses are that I ramble on too much, I don't really do good on my grammar. In my Eng099 class I feel like I learned a lot of different techniques for writing in my class like down shifting , free writing and outlining which are all good especially for the CAT-W exam. My writing this semester I feel did change a lot more I pay attention to what I'm writing now I make sure that my spelling is correct and I feel like I put more effort into it versus back then. As I move on into ENG101 I think I need to work on being able to express myself in a correct grammatical way.

No comments:

Post a Comment